Tuesday 19 May 2009

Well hello everybody.

I'm back from my sojourn in the big apple and i'm disappointed to report that in terms of writing, i have done precisely zero. I'm very sorry.

For those of you who also following my twitter feed you may also be aware that i left my headphones at home. It is the reason that i am blogging now as opposed to later. I will try to write but generally find myself distracted when i can't block everything out. I'm sending this from my phone instead of writing. It's something about coming back off holiday too. I often find, as has been previously noted, that holidays tend to knock me out of my rhythm. All part and parcel of being in France, where endless holidays are enshrined in law. I know one person who gets, wait for it, 57 days holiday a year. A little over eleven weeks. I do have other holidays coming up too although running counter to that is the knowledge that i have quite a bit of work over the next few weeks too. Generally i write on the train and lots of work means loys of train travel. Still, i imagine that alot of writers struggle for rhythm at times.

What will happen will happen.

DR

0 comments:

Post a Comment