Saturday 2 May 2009

The state of play.

Hello everybody.

I haven't written anything recently. Here's why; Normally I write on the train and I haven't been working as much as normally over the last few days. Secondly, the creative juices seemed to have clogged shut. I'm not sure what it is that makes it come and go. If I did know, I would bottle it and be a millionaire by the end of the week. I have heard many people say that external stimulus can inspire it, I will go to New York and see what I make of that. On the other hand, that is an external stimulus and I am trying to stimulate myself internally. Surely I need internal stimulus. To that end, this blog may go a long way off topic in the next few weeks. Invariably, to stimulate myself internally I read, last time it was The Critique of Pure Reason by Immanuel Kant. Currently my bedtime book, which I'm rather enjoying, is The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. But that is my bedtime book. I think that this time I might pick up Nietzsche or Descartes and see what they have to say for themselves.

Reading texts such as these allows me to think about me more and as such, my book is just an extension of this. They are my ideas after all.

DR

0 comments:

Post a Comment