Wednesday 18 March 2009

JK Rowling or Terry Pratchett

It is well known that when JK Rowling writes she writes longhand, which is then redrafted onto a computer before editing. I believe Terry Pratchett writes directly onto computer, I'm not sure what he does in terms of redrafting.

It's not that I follow the Rowling system religiously and I can write straight onto computer but generally I write longhand. The problem for me is the second step. I find writing extremely stimulating. Expecially when my pen is going full bore. (I've been known to miss my stop on the train.) I just find sitting down tapping and thinking another way around a problem so time consuling and effortlessly unthrilling. (I know, I know, I'm writing a blog.) Sadly I know of no way round it. My redraft onto the computer always improves my original effort and I enjoy writing on paper so much better than writing on computer. I just enjoy the one side of the creative process I suppose.

I'm rambling.

DR

0 comments:

Post a Comment