Monday 15 July 2013

They Say Good Things Come in Threes...

...and that the postman always rings twice.

They say that everyone is unique.

I have no idea where I'm going with this actually. Well, that's not quite true.

I realise that my last blog post was called Hot Hot Heat. Subsequent to its publication online, I realised that on the first of July 2009, I wrote a blogpost called, surprise surprise, Hot Hot Heat. Now, I am tempted to write a third one, the last blogpost in the trilogy perhaps, but I don't want to talk about that. (Saying that, then I could write prequels.) I have found the blue skies above Paris relentless. I am an introspective extrovert, hunting for a place and I vastly prefer the thoughtfulness of the grey sky and the bouncing hum of rain. Always have. Probably always will do. I find that the flat blueness grinds me down. It removes all texture from the sky. The grey clouds present possibility. A possibility that on the other side of the clouds lives an invisible man. In those clouds we find the minarets raised to house the souls of those killed in combat. If you listen carefully to the sound of the rain and you learn its language it gives you the power to speak to birds. The blue sky gives you Rayleigh Scattering and sunburn.

The blue sky can fuck off.

So I haven't been writing. This evening has clouded over, there is a chance of storms. Lo! I am writing again. I hope that when I go away on holiday I will have fluffy white clouds that drift over from time to time each one following Chief Whitecloud, leading his warriors to battle storm giants in the mountains in the south.

To that aim, I will be going on holiday to the UK for one week to say farewell to my brother and his girlfriend as they emigrate. I may well write on the train there and back. I will take my leather bag to make sure. The lure of non-slip will be to much to resist.

After that I have two weeks in the south of France without a very good internet connection. I will set up a link via my mobile so that I can work on Google docs. I will try to tweet and blog etc. Mostly though I will sit on the beach and wonder whether those clouds on the horizon contain the invisible man. Until they blow over the land I will know he hasn't finished his fishing trip and that I remain under the blue millstone.

DR

P.S. For those who have stumbled onto my blog and want to know more, this is a good place to learn about Rayleigh Scattering

0 comments:

Post a Comment