Thursday 10 March 2011

The Unexplained Explained

Hello everybody,

I know, I know. I haven't been blogging, nor tweeting. In fact I haven't even been writing. Cardinal sin I feel.

Well, I intend to start again. Today in fact. I suppose that I should write 'intended' as i have left my book at home. So I'm taking this opportunity to write this blog and to expose my mystery silence.

When I write, like many writers, I require an uninterrupted moment of peace. It is why I put on my headphones and listen to music when I write. I can block it all out.

About ten days ago, I went on a weekend break. Despite having to change trains I hoped to have an uninterrupted three hour space in which to write. I had not counted on my indomitable girlfriend who continually signalled to me that I should remove my headphones and give her my opinion on anything from a pair of shoes to Lady Gaga. It was not appreciated but it continued and destroyed all my concentration.

During that weekend, we were busy in foreign parts so I didn't tweet. Upon my return I had to overcome a break in routine, the restart of my normal life and a change of books. As people might remember, It's not that I particularly suffer from white page syndrome but not having a weight of pages for me to go through and feel the flow of the story slows me right down. At the minute I'm actually having to carry around two writing books; one for writing and one for continuity.

Equally troublesome has been my evolving work routine. I have not had the long journeys, wrapped up in my own mind with nothing to do but put pen to paper.

So i said, 'bugger it, I'm going to have a little break.'

I know that there will come a moment where my stomach will say to my brain, 'get a bloody move on, we've got things to write so why aren't you doing it'.

That moment is coming.

So my silence is due to a lack of writing environment. I shall get in contact with greenpeace directly. I believe that the environment falls into their remit.

I know, I know. I'll do better next time.

DR

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment